At November Five, we are committed to driving people and businesses forward. As a full-service digital growth partner, we help our clients catch the next wave of digital transformation. Our world-class strategy, design and engineering capabilities have been trusted by companies like Coca-Cola, Spotify, Telenet, VRT and Brussels Airport.
Founded on 05.11.08, today November Five is a team of 50+ digital masterminds operating from the beating heart of Antwerp. We’re currently growing exponentially and looking for like-minded professionals to join the team.
THE BEST WORK OF YOUR LIFE
We know this is a bold statement. But it’s one of the driving principles we work and live by. We think it’s important you can call the office: home. We actively promote a true work-life symbiosis for the one and only life we get to live.
Awarded ‘Best Workplaces for Innovators’ by Fast Company, our highly connected ecosystem consists of a close-knit family, all seeking impact, and all 100% digital at heart.
ABOUT THE JOB
As a PHP Engineer at November Five, you:
- are a purist when it comes to code quality and performance. You code, test, troubleshoot, debug and document back-end web applications.
- create elegant back-end experiences and work on challenging large projects with complex domain models.
- break the back of the beast called 3rd party APIs; you cope with their complexities like incomplete documentation, rate limits, error messages, etc. You don’t shy away from making your own APIs either.
- get the opportunity to implement new features in existing products and code.
- believe that building strong products requires teamwork. You collaborate with team members on best practices around web development. You might even get enthusiastic about code reviews.
KEEP READING IF YOU...
- are a skilled engineer with a deep knowledge of PHP and the Symfony framework.
- have developed secure, reliable and efficient REST APIs for the web.
- are always hunting for the latest and greatest weapon to wield. We leverage a host of tools, languages and libraries: vagrant, nginx, composer, git, MySQL, memcached, SNS, to name but a few.
- can study and curate the best libraries to match our set.
- have a profound interest in everything that Amazon Web Services or any of their cloud competitors have to offer.
- speak and write Dutch and English fluently.
Bonus points if you:
- have experience with working in Scrum.
- have experience with ElasticSearch, NoSQL stores like Amazon DynamoDB and Redis, and Sonata.
- have a generic background; experience with Python, Java is very welcome.
FIVE REASONS TO APPLY RIGHT NOW
- A position with impact in a fast-growing full-service digital growth agency that has an innovative culture and offers a wide range of growth opportunities.
- Attractive salary package including company car and fuel card, flexible income plan, expense allowances, pension plan, hospital insurance and several bonuses.
- Informal atmosphere with a young, ambitious crew. Beautiful office in the beating heart of Antwerp.
- Flexible hours and opportunities to work remotely.
- The chance to leave your mark on custom-made innovative strategies and products for A-list clients like Spotify, Coca-Cola, Telenet, VRT and Brussels Airport.