At November Five, we create digital experiences that drive people and businesses forward. We do so with a team of great minds and an organisation built for performance and speed. We realise our highest aspirations together. Collectively & individually. In capability & financially.
In short, we create the best work of our life!
- You will design a (preferably serverless) AWS-driven cloud architecture for a multitude of cloud-native software solutions for web and mobile applications, balancing functional and non-functional requirements.
- You will cooperate with a multidisciplinary team of product managers, UX and UI designers, working with national and international clients in various industries.
- You will advise our engineering teams with your knowledge of the AWS portfolio, the pros and cons of each service, where and when to apply them, how they scale and how to keep operational costs under control.
You will join our Product Definition family - our team responsible for defining what we will be building and eliminating all uncertainties and dependencies. You liaise between different stakeholders to bridge the gap between business problems and technology solutions.
Your job starts with analysing and understanding our client’s business, infrastructure and tech stack to define a specific solution that complements their environment and strategic goals best. You do this in partnership with our clients, by leading and facilitating technical discovery workshops. In co-creation with your team, you flesh out the functional and non-functional requirements of the solution, keeping technical feasibility in check and balancing impact versus effort.
As Software Architect it is your responsibility to:
- capture and define the quality attributes of the software (aka the “-ilities”)
- deliver technical specifications, expressed in concise and efficiently written documents and diagrams (think C4 model, arc42, PlantUML, OpenAPI)
- document constraints and tradeoffs in architecture decision records
- ensure that the overall gist of the architecture is understood and maintained coherently throughout the project lifecycle
- translate the conceptual architecture into a scalable, highly available and cost-efficient operational model
- fully leverage the AWS portfolio (CI/CD and containerisation approach, database technology selection, tech stack composition, authentication service selection and DevOps automation approach, …)
And perhaps most important is your genuine interest in a diverse range of technologies, processes and methodologies – which of course, you love sharing! You spread your knowledge of best practices, lessons learned and changing technologies, inspiring and enthusing your colleagues and clients.
- You have experience as a Software, System or Solution Architect; or you are a Senior Software Engineer ready to make a leap of faith into a new position.
- You have several years of experience building software systems with AWS (or Azure / GCP, and willing to switch). Certification is a major plus.
- You are an excellent communicator to both internal and external stakeholders.
- You encourage critical thinking. You would rather be a coach than a boss.
- You speak and write Dutch and English fluently.
Nonetheless, we’re all human - no one is perfect. It’s not about ticking all the boxes. At November Five, we hire on attitude and train on skills. The most important requirement is your passion. It’s you being excited about the role, about growing together with our team and about starting your day at November Five pumped, and leaving work full of energy! So whatever your background or your path up until now, feel free to apply. Let’s find out how we can achieve our highest aspirations together!